Updated Skincare Routine

As with most things in beauty, things change.You may remember my post a while back about my skincare routine, things have changed so much since then. In this post I'll be talking you through my new and improved skin care and what I do of a morning and how that differs to what I do of a night time.


 Lets kick this off in chronological order, in the morning. From the moment I wake up I head straight to the bathroom and start my skincare routine. One thing that hasn't changed since my last post is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit face wash. I like this face wash as its hydrating and really helps battle acne and blackheads.The way in which I use the face wash has changed though. I start off by patting my face with COLD water.The cold water will help get the blood circulating and after a night asleep my skin can often feel lethargic and look fatigued so therefore I need to get blood to my face to liven it up. After applying the cold water I then go in with the face wash working it into a creamy lather all over my face.Once there is a lather I then tip tap at my face which will aid the blood circulation. When I feel like the face wash has done its job I will then rinse it off with a damp muslin cloths. I prefer muslin cloths as they are softer and more gentle on the delicate areas around the face rather than a rough coarse flannel.


 Once I have finished washing my face I then like to pat my face dry, I'm always careful to pat instead of rub as this will help avoid wrinkles in later life. Once my face is dry, I go straight in with my moisturiser. I don't cleanse or tone of a morning as I have already do that of a night time. The moisturiser that I use is one of two. The first one I like is the Simple kind to skin hydrating moisturiser. This helps with my dryness and because its not got any harsh chemicals in it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The second one is Nivea rich moisture day cream. This one is definitely load thicker than the Simple one however if my skin is feeling dryer than usual I will choose the Nivea one Of a night time there is more products involved. First things first I start off by removing my makeup.


I know most people despise facial wipes but I cannot hide the fact that they are they most effective way to initially remove makeup, I generally just use a generic brand such as the superdrug ones and always ones for dry/ sensitive skin. After the initial makeup removing has taken place, I go back in with the same face wash as the morning. After washing my face for the first time, I go in with a homemade face exfoliator. The recipe consist of Honey and Castor Sugar. I dig it out of the pot and start massage it into my face. I don't always exfoliate as it can be very agitating for my skin.


 After exfoliating I go and wash my face again as I feel like after a long day I need that extra clean. Once I feel clean I then go in with the L'Oreal Cleansing milk and this is great as a cleanser for sensitive skin as it hydrates and soothes so your skin never feels agitated. I use regular cotton pads from boots as I find these to be the softest. Once I have cleansed I use the L'Oreal Velvet Toner and I feel like this does a solid job at removing any impurities.

 Once I've toned I go in with my Simple Moisturiser and then go in with an eye cream. My most recent favorite eye cream has been the Superdrug BB 5-in-1 eye cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment