Makeup Starter Kit

Hi again everyone, so today I thought it would be nice to talk about a Makeup Starter Kit and I know that when I first started liking makeup, a blog post like this would have been a real cheat sheet so lets begin...


The way that I'm going to write this post is in the way you would apply your makeup. So naturally I'm going to start with base.

Firstly you may want a primer. What a primer's many jobs is, is to act as a barrier for your skin so that the makeup doesn't clog up your pores. Another job of a primer is to fill in your pores and ensure your makeup stays on all day. I recommend the following:

Maybelline Baby Skin
Max- Factor Face Infinity 
L'Oreal  Infallible 24hr Matte

After primer you will need either a foundation or a a BB cream. A foundation tends to be of a higher coverage so if you feel like you want to cover more I would suggest these foundations:

Rimmel Match Perfection 
L'Oreal True Match 
L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte

However if you want a lighter base then I recommend:

Bourjois Paris BB Bronzing Cream 8-in-1
L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB
Rimmel BB Cream 9 in 1 Makeup

To set everything in place I would recommend using the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.

For Bronzing and Highlighting I would recommend the sleek contour kit which also includes a blusher.

For brows I would recommend trying out quite a few things first but my favorite to use is the MUA eyeshadow in penny.

Eyeshadows are really hard to recommend but the Flawless Matte Palette from Makeup Revolution is such a good deal for money. You get 32 really high quality, well pigmented, blendable eyeshadows for just £8

Depending on what look you are going for I would recommend the following Mascara's:


Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
Revlon Fabulash Mascara

Lastly for lipsticks I would recommend checking out the MUA stand as most are just £1

No comments:

Post a Comment