How I Blog

Everyone has their own routine to blogging and today I wanted to share my routine with you all.



PLANNING

Okay so at the start of the month I have a checklist of new lists to write(!) Which normally takes me about 2 hours to complete. The first checklist is The Update. This one is where I tick off things I have to update such as my blog stats, media kit etc etc. The second one is my favorite one and that's the monthly blog post checklist and it looks something like this:

That leads me onto the next stage:

PHOTO'S

I always bulk produce my photos and that includes setting them up, editing and relabeling them. For my photos I just use a Samsung Point and Shoot Camera, I normally spend around 8 hours doing this, taking away the brakes I give myself.

WRITING.

The same as photos I like to bulk write because its not everyday that you feel inspired to write and I think you guys can tell when a post is uninspired. I schedule them way in advance as you can see above though, I don't write all my posts at once. This normally takes an hour a post to write and I tend to write 4 posts each time on average so therefore I write for about 4 hours.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Sometimes I schedule tweets but lets be real I'm on twitter 24/7 but lets say I'm a good little blogger and actually schedule my tweets and promote my posts I say this takes about 2 hours.

This is how I blog. It takes me about 16 hours a week to do blog type of things which is the same hours as a part time job, which I would prefer to blog than part time work. I think blogging shouldn't be seen as a job and it should be fun.

If you're a blogger how many hours do you blog a week and if your not a blogger how long do you reckon bloggers blog?

5 comments:

  1. this post was really helpful! xx
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so much more organised than me! Haha, I was wary about bulk writing but I might try out that technique to blogging. I've nominated you for the Liebster award, which I wrote about on my blog. :) I hope you enjoy the questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love bulk writing avoids bloggers block :) and thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Its so interesting to see how another blogger compiles their blog content! I too like doing things in bulk but I'm not yet as organised as you are :)

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete